8 Simple Steps to Make Your Cooler Stand Out With Paint
Imagine walking into a tailgate party with a plain, boring cooler in tow. It won't make much of an impression, will it? But with a painted cooler that reflects your personal style and creativity, you can make a statement and get all eyes on you. Here is a complete guide on how to paint your cooler with smart and simple steps from start to finish.
1. Cover all existing logos and indents on cooler with spackle. If you've got a YETI cooler, you want that YETI logo to be entirely covered. Smooth out the spackle so that it sits flush with the surface of your cooler.
2. Sand the cooler with sandpaper until it is entirely smooth. This will make it easier for your primer to stick and set the foundation for your paint job to last long.
3. Apply spray primer in multiple coats, to get an even base coat and prevent paint chipping.
4. Decide on a design, and select your materials accordingly. Create multiple drafts, use stencils or print out designs to make sure you can visualize your concept entirely before committing to painting.
5. Trace the design onto the cooler surface using tracing paper, carbon paper or stencils. Make sure it's aligned exactly to your preferred location.
6. Trace the outline of the design with a pencil or a Sharpie, being careful not to press too hard to prevent bleeding of the markers or leaving imprints.
7. Fill in the design with paint pens, brushes and sponges as you please. Use the paint pens for delicate details and small text, and brushes and sponges for larger areas of the design.
8. Add Mod Podge, sealant and polyurethane coating. This ensures that your cooler's paint job withstands weathering and lasts, even in damp conditions.
If you don't feel like painting your cooler entirely from scratch, you can use decals and stickers to create a unique design without having to worry about the whole process. There are tons of different stickers and decals that you can choose from, which can give you the same effect without the hard work. The best thing about stickers and decals is that it can be removed when needed without leaving any residue behind.
All rights to logos, brands, and product names belong to their respective owners. Any product or service names used on this website are for identification purposes only. We strive to maintain the copyright of all outside parties. In case you feel your copyright has been misused, kindly contact us, and we’ll correct any wrongdoing immediately. Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. We earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through these links. This helps us continue to improve the website and provide our readers with excellent content.
Your cooler is part of your tailgate gear and sets the tone for the party. Transform your standard cooler and make it visually appealing by painting it yourself or using decals and stickers. With our detailed guide, you can get your cooler looking unique and stylish in a matter of hours. So, let’s get to painting!
Discover the latest trends and opportunities in the global beer box market. Uncover key players and their strategies to gain a competitive edge. Explore this dynamic industry and unlock potential growth.
Discover how to tap into the full potential of Tesloid with our comprehensive guide to Tesla accessories. Maximize your Tesla experience with top-notch add-ons and enhancements for unparalleled performance and style.
Score big discounts on popular RTIC tumblers, coolers, and more in the Early Black Friday RTIC Deals 2023. Discover unbeatable savings and gear up for your adventures now!
Explore the thriving Outdoor Camping Cooler Box Market with insightful analysis, future demand projections, and compelling 2029 forecasts. Stay updated on the latest trends and make informed decisions for your next adventure.